Are you looking for places to visit for Valentine’s Day? While there’s never a bad time to celebrate your relationship, Valentine’s Day is dedicated to love and gives you the perfect excuse to sneak away for a couple of days on a romantic getaway.
Upgrade from the standard box of chocolates or long-stem roses with a romantic getaway to sweep your Valentine off his or her feet. From romantic city escapades to relaxing beach vacations, here are our picks for the sweetest and sexiest Valentine’s Day adventure
If you’re looking for an incredible vacation spot to snuggle up with your sweetheart and spend some quality time together this Valentine’s Day, I’ve got you covered. You’ll fall in love all over again when you make plans to enjoy one of these romantic Valentine’s Day getaways:
Best Places To Travel For Valentine’s Day
1. Savannah, Georgia
Looking for a heavy helping of Southern charm with your romantic Valentine’s Day vacation? A weekend in Savannah will leave you swooning as you stroll hand in hand beneath the moss-draped oaks through one of the city’s 22 historic squares.
Book a room at one of the city’s many historic beds and breakfast, like the Eliza Thompson House, or find a romantic Airbnb for a bit more privacy, and spend a couple of days exploring all this little town has to offer. Check Prices Here!
While you’re there:
- Book a romantic carriage ride through the city.
- Get an ultra-relaxing couples massage at Milan Day Spa on Broughton.
- Enjoy a sweet treat in the adorably retro Leopold’s Ice Cream.
2. New York City, New York.
If your idea of romance looks more like a fast-paced whirlwind of a weekend, New York City may be the perfect spot for your personal Valentine’s Day getaway. You’ll find virtually anything you could possibly want to see, do, eat, drink, or experience in New York City, so you’ll have no shortage of options to keep you and your partner entertained.
Whether your idea of romance involves admiring world-famous works of art, indulging in an all-you-can-eat brunch and bloody mary bar, or laughing until your faces hurt at a Broadway production or underground comedy show, you’ll create memories you’ll cherish forever. Check Prices Here!
If you’re overwhelmed by the sheer number of options at your disposal, you can always:
- Find your way into the Raines Law Room, one of NYC’s trendiest and most romantic speakeasies, for an exclusive cocktail.
- Stroll along the High Line, an elevated railroad that’ll treat the two of you to stunning views of the city below.
- Seek out a jazz show to watch at one of the city’s many bars and nightclubs.
3. St. Augustine, Florida.
Only located a few hours south of Savannah, St. Augustine was founded in 1565, making it the oldest city in America. Boasting beautiful ocean views, mild temperatures, and stunning Spanish-inspired architecture, it’s easy to see why many people consider St. Augustine a great destination for a romantic Valentine’s Day getaway.
Whether you’re looking to spend a few slow days relaxing and rereading your favorite books or you’re ready to explore and have a little fun, you’ll find it all here.
Find a bed and breakfast somewhere near the city’s main historic district, a pedestrian-only area filled with locally-owned shops, art galleries, and eateries, or book an Airbnb near the ocean for a more intimate experience and incredible views of the sunrise. Check Prices Here!
To make the most of your time in St. Augustine, you should:
- Take a free tour of the St. Augustine Distillery and order a creative cocktail from the Ice Plant Bar afterward.
- Get spooked and dive into the area’s rich history on a ghost tour.
- Make dinner reservations at Harry’s Seafood Bar and Grill, a restaurant serving up excellent New Orleans-inspired dishes in a building that dates back to the 1700s.
4. Denver, Colorado.
The Mile High City has quickly become a popular vacation destination for holiday travelers, and Valentine’s Day is no exception. Plan a romantic Valentine’s Day getaway to Denver, and you’ll find yourself with more to see and do than you could possibly experience in a weekend.
Enjoy a cocktail and soak in incredible views of the snow-covered mountains at Peaks Lounge, situated on the 27th floor of the Hyatt Regency, before indulging in a romantic dinner at Vesta, a restaurant whose menu revolves around its variety of dipping sauces. Check Prices Here!
For fun and romantic Valentine’s Day getaway in Denver, you can:
- Sip champagne in Corridor 44, a bubbly bar situated in Larimer Square, one of the downtown area’s most beautiful areas.
- Tour the highly-regarded Denver Botanic Gardens, which offers a beautiful glimpse art nature regardless of the season.
- Spend a few hours strolling the pedestrian-only Pearl Street Mall in nearby Boulder, Colorado, a charming town tucked at the foot of the Rocky Mountains.
5. Big Sur, California.
For a romantic Valentine’s Day getaway on the west coast, you can’t go wrong with a trip to Big Sur, California. This area is known for its incredible natural beauty, and you absolutely must enjoy a scenic drive along State Road 1, a winding, two-lane road that hugs the coast and offers incredible views of the cliffs and ocean below, and stop for photos as you go!
Treat yourself to a little luxury and book a room at the Post Ranch Inn, a serene and elegant seaside resort with 39 rooms, each offering an incredible view of the ocean or mountains, or investigate the other lodging options in the area to find one that’s right for you. Check Prices Here!
To make your Big Sur Valentine’s Day vacation even more romantic, make sure you:
- Eat lunch or dinner at Nepenthe to enjoy fresh and healthy California cuisine while you soak in the views from their stunning terrace.
- Sign up for a tour of the Point Sur Lighthouse for an interesting glimpse of a historic landmark.
- Schedule your favorite spa treatment at Refuge and indulge in some much-needed rest and relaxation.
Ready to plan your trip, grab my FREE Vacation Planner to help you plan your trip in the time it takes to watch your favorite TV show!
From cities oozing with Southern charm to urban escapes and everything in between, there are plenty of vacation spots that can make the perfect Valentine’s Day getaway destination.
Additional Articles For Couples
Are you also on Pinterest?
Why not save this post to your Pinterest board for later? I am also on Pinterest so feel free to followPassports and Grub boards and get the latest pin directly.