What’s your beverage of choice this summer?
Frozen Spicy Pineapple margaritas will be a staple in my home this summer because they are delicious and easy to make. They are made with spicy tequila or Vodka of your choice, fresh pineapples, limes, lemons, Gran Gala, simple syrup, and ice. I was introduced to Spicy Margaritas at the Nashville Margarita Festival hosted by Nashville Scene and I have been experimenting with Spicy beverages ever since the Margarita Festival. You can find a wide variety of spicy tequilas or vodkas at your local wine and spirits store. If you do not have spicy tequila readily available you can make your own with simple syrup, water, and sliced peppers.
Spicy + Frozen on hot summer day = Deliciousness!!
I will be drinking the Frozen Spicy pineapple margarita’s all summer: They are so good and a crowd pleaser but make sure you watch the jalapenos and make them with varying degrees of spiciness depending on your audience. Also, make sure you taste it before you mix all of the ingredients in the blender just in case you need to add more lime or simple syrup to reduce the heat! I bit a really spicy jalapeno and although the drink was really good my mouth was on fire!
Recipe: Frozen Spicy Pineapple Margarita
- 3/4 cup of Vodka (I use three Olives)
- 1/2 cup of Gran Gala (Grand Marnier cheaper little sister)
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup of jalapeno
- 1 cup Simply Limeade juice
- Lemon Wedges
- Sugar for the rim
- 1 cup of sugar
- I cup of ice
- Combine sugar and water over medium heat and add jalapeno peppers and bring to a boil. (let cool)
- Rim 2 glasses with a lemon wedge and dip in sugar
- fill blender with tequila, gran gala, lemon juice, jalapeno simple syrup or spicy tequila plus 1 cup of ice
- Blend on high and pour into the prepared glasses
- Garnish with fresh jalapenos and lemon wedge slices if desired
Enjoy this frozen spicy pineapple margarita all summer or maybe use this frozen deliciousness as the perfect excuse to show off your latest mixology skills to family and friends!! This beverage hits all regions of the palate sweet, salty, sour and bitter: added bonus is the spicy and cold. Also, check out my Sangria recipe if you are an avid sangria lover!!
What will be your beverage of choice this summer?