Happy Friday!! What better to kick off the weekend than with a delicious Frozen Sangria Slushy.
Summer is right around the corner but the days are already warm so why not cool off this weekend with Frozen Sangria Slushies!! There is no need to wait 3 days for your fruit to marinate in the red wine; I just pour the brandy, red wine, orange liqueur, and flavored simple syrup directly into the Dole fruit bag and freeze about two hours. The fruit will not completely freeze but it will allow the wine and brandy to infuse the fruit. The slushies are so easy and quick to make plus they taste like authentic sangria just frozen.
You can use any fruit combination you like, I personally use Publix frozen fruit with Pineapples, strawberries, peaches, and mango’s which is exactly what I use when I make the traditional sangria. Making frozen sangria is as simple as blend and freeze but I use frozen fruit that has been marinating in wine for a few hours instead of ice.
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 1 bag of frozen fruit (peaches, strawberries, and mango are my faves) I use Publix Frozen fruit
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup of Gran Gala
- 1 cup of Orange Liqueur
- 1 tablespoon of simple syrup
- Pour the mixture from the frozen fruit bag into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and foamy.
- Drink it now, or put it in the freezer for 10 minutes to get slushier.
- Garnish with Mint leaves and fresh rosemary.
Are you going to make Frozen Sangria this weekend?