This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf #sponsored #ColorAndMoistureAtTarget
My hair has always been my best feature! As I have gotten older, my gray hair has started to be more visible. I am now faced with the decision of, do I cover my gray hair or embrace the gray? My next question was, who has the best permanent hair color for gray hair?
Some women can pull off gray hair and look super-chic, but unfortunately, I am not one of those women and I am just not ready to embrace my gray hair.
I was tired of spending an excessive amount of money at the salon to cover my gray hair. Also, all of the previous over the counter hair color brands were not covering my gray. I had almost given up hope on finding a brand that specializes in gray coverage and would also leave my hair feeling nourished and moisturized. Then I came across Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture at Target and my life changed for the better!
Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture helped me cover my gray by using professional quality formulas that are salon tested & approved. Coloring your hair is a beautiful way to express yourself! You can instantly change your look by just covering your gray hairs.
This Comprehensive Guide will Help you Discover the Following:
- How to hide gray hair on dark hair
- How to cover gray hair on your temples
- Covering your hair with Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color permanent color.
- Where to purchase Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color.
- 7 top tips for anyone going gray
Which Shade Should You Choose?
My hair is graying really bad around my edges, so I purchased Keratin Color + Moisture Jet Black from my local Target. The Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture is easy, economical and permanent. I like Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color & Moisture because it is designed for women of color. The shades work on dark hair and complement all hair textures & skin tones. I was impressed that the hair color is suitable for all hair types and textures from straight to wavy, to curly, and even my 4C coily hair. The rule of thumb when coloring your hair is to avoid drastic changes from your original natural shade; choose colors that are only a shade or two lighter or darker, so that when your roots grow through they will be less visible.
Preparation of Schwarzkopf Color:
- Before coloring your hair, put on the gloves.
- Cover your clothes with an old towel
- Have a watch close by or use the timer on your phone
- Apply the protective Pre-Color Serum conditions the hair before coloring for a more even color result from root to tip.
Mixing Schwarzkopf Color:
- Pierce the Color Creme Tube with the reverse side of the cap
- Carefully squeeze the entire content into the applicator bottle
- Place the cap back on the applicator bottle and close it securely
- Shake the bottle vigorously until all ingredients are mixed into a cream
- Twist off the tip of the cap and immediately start with the application process as follows.
- Apply ⅔ of the mixture throughout the whole regrowth area
- Part a section of your hair using the tip of the applicator bottle or a rattail comb
- Apply Mixture along the parting by working it into the roots with your fingertips (leave gloves on)
- Leave on to develop for 20 minutes
- Apply the remaining mixture to the ends of your hair. Work well and leave on for an additional 10 min. The processing time in total should be between 30 and 45 minutes, depending on the color intensity you would like to achieve.
Rinsing and After Care:
- At the end of the processing time, apply warm water to the hair and work into a lather
- Rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear
- Apply the specially developed K-Bond-PLEX conditioner into towel-dried hair and leave it in for 2 min. Because Keratin Color & Moisture intense caring color is great for all hair textures and it provides long-lasting color with macadamia nut oil you don’t have to worry about breakage
- Rinse Thoroughly
- Depending on the length of your hair, the conditioner can be used for 3-4 applications.
WHAT IS THE BEST BRAND OF HAIR DYE FOR NATURAL HAIR?
I have tried many brands of hair dye and my hair was always left feeling brittle. Other brands did a poor job of covering my gray hair and my edges were left stained for days from the hair dyes. My favorite brand by far is Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture because it keeps my hair healthy, my color lasts longer.
It is by far the best line of hair care products I have come across!The innovative Anti-Breakage Technology K-Bond Plex protects inner hair structure for strong care and healthy-looking hair. Keratin Color + Moisture left my hair looking healthy and strong.
It provided me with the deep nourishment my hair needed along with a moisturizing conditioner, vibrant color results and most importantly, protected my hair from color damage.
Conditioning is Key For Hair Color for Black Women
One of the amazing qualities of Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture is that it’s not just a hair color, it also has great conditioning effects. Keratin Color + Moisture is an intense caring color that is formulated to help protect your hair from damage. The enhanced K-Bond Plex repairs inner hair structure and coats the hair surface after the coloration process for strong and healthy-looking hair.
Additional Tips For Coloring Natural Hair
1.Shampoo as infrequently as possible – Warm water opens the hair cuticle, allowing pigment to seep out. To clean hair between washes I suggest co-washing (clean hair using conditioner only)
2. Condition your hair often– Make sure you use a product like Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color that moisturizing and has repairing ingredients and weekly.
3. Avoid heat styling – If you must use a blow-dryer, flatiron, or curling iron you need to use a heat protector from roots to ends. It helps seal the cuticle, preventing color from getting dull and protect your hair from heat damage.
4. Use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner – Sulfate-free cleansers maintain the natural oils on the scalp and hair, which ultimately leaves your hair with more moisture
5. Turn down water temperature when shampooing – Cooler water keeps the hair cuticle sealed, so hair doesn’t frizz and the color stays put. If you’re not into taking a cold shower (so, all of us) even making it lukewarm is better than nothing.
6. Use leave-in treatments to protect hair color when styling – Leave-in conditioners are left in the hair, they also can provide protection against environmental damage like sun exposure. A good leave-in conditioner will also provide extra slip to make detangling easier and provide elasticity during the styling process.
Highlights of Using Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture
- Schwarzkopf® hair color for younger-looking hair and long-lasting color
- Easy 30 min application gives 100% gray coverage
- Low-odor technology keeps your hair smelling better than traditional hair color
- Hair dye with Keratin Care Complex protects hair during and after coloring
Schwarzkopf® hair color gives you fuller hair with 100% gray coverage and up to 80% less breakage, thanks to its keratin care complex that protects hair during and after coloring. Loaded with skin-flattering pigments, this permanent hair color complements your skin tone, giving you natural-looking, ageless hair color that lasts up to 28 washes.
Watch the Video Below
Bye bye, gray hair- My freshly dyed hair looked healthy and shiny. My edges are completely black and they are not stained with the permanent hair color. To make sure your hair stays looking healthy you should apply the K-Bond Plex conditioning treatment for colored hair once a week. I am so excited I finally found a permanent hair color that provides me with coverage for my gray hair while keeping my natural hair healthy.
Ready to plan your trip, grab my FREE Vacation Planner to help you plan your trip!
Have you used Schwarzkopf Keratin Color if not I suggest running to Target today to grab a box today! Have you had issues finding the right product to cover your gray hair while keeping your natural hair looking healthy? I would love to hear your thoughts, so leave me a comment on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Are you also on Pinterest?
Why not save this post to your Pinterest board for later? I am also on Pinterest so feel free to follow Passports and Grub boards and get the latest pin directly.